Monday, July 20, 2009

Family Visit

This past week we had some visitors. My father, little brother, my dad's best friend and his wife. It was the first time my brother got to meet Jonah. They got in last Saturday where we were throwing a birthday party for my husband and my father. It was a lot of fun. We had tons of food, drinks, and games. My friend Beth and I made all the food, which everyone said they loved. I had been dying to get an ice cream maker and this was the perfect opportunity to get one. I made homemade vanilla ice cream and I made a carrot cake for the guys. The party was a big hit. It was great to have Beth there to help out, because it was hard trying to make a bunch of food with a five and a half month old, who wants to be held. Jonah seemed to have as much fun as the rest of us, which was great.
We ate out a lot, which we haven't done much of since Jonah was born. The guys went on a bunch of bike rides, while Jonah and I hung out at the house. We got to show the guys around Fort Collins and take them on some really pretty drives. It's always so much fun having people come visit, but now we are so exhausted and have just been trying to recoup since their trip. It was so much fun, but it is nice to be just the three of us again.

1 comment:

  1. Family time is great... but then once it is over the quiet is nice as well ;)!

    I recently discovered your blog and have been enjoying it ever since. I have given you a 'lovely blog' award. Come to http://www.mytakeonmommyhood.com to collect.

    ReplyDelete